This hand-painted mural, featured in the lobby of the Food Innovation Center at Rutgers, captures the rich heritage of food and beverage innovation that gave the Garden State its name.
To stimulate and support sustainable economic growth and prosperity to the food and agricultural industry by providing businesses with innovative research, customized practical solutions, resources for business incubation and a trusted source for information and guidance
To serve as a catalyst that will promote a viable and prosperous food processing and agriculture base in New Jersey and to be recognized as a global model for regional economic development.
The Food Innovation Center at Rutgers (FIC) is a unique business incubator that is part of the Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station. The center supports start-ups as well as established food businesses both domestically and internationally. FIC has the resources to support clients from idea to market.
What makes us unique
- FDA- and USDA-certified facilities, enabling clients to manufacture sellable products
- Comprehensive product and process capabilities and the ability to transfer technology from proof of concept to proof of commercialization
- Diversified experience and expertise of a team of industry veterans
- Designated as Soft Landings site by InBIA, due to our focus on international business attraction. There are currently 31 InBIA-recognized Soft Landings programs globally, and the Rutgers Food Innovation Center is the only Soft Landings food incubation program… in the world
- Globally-recognized and award-winning among all incubators worldwide
- Ability to mentor clients from concept to commercialization under one roof
- Chosen by the Specialty Food Association as the selection team for the SOFI awards
- Recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration as a winner of its first Growth Accelerator Fund competition, and one of only 50 programs so recognized in the nation.