The Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University offers a diverse array of food safety training and specialized services to meet the needs of the food industry, and we are happy to discuss how these can be successfully applied to your company. Please read all descriptions, locations and dates for all classes as these are non-refundable; but they are transferable to another Rutgers Food Innovation given class at a later date. Specific services under Training and Specialized Services include:
- Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) Preview the Class Here
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certificate Training (USDA or non-seafood FDA products) Preview the Class Here
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) Preview the Class Here
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Adverse Health
- Allergens and Sanitation Preventive Control
- Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Intentional Adulteration – Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA)
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training Class
- ServSafe Manager Certification Proctoring only
- Implementing SQF Systems Training
- Food Safety Culture Training
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Animal Food Training
Primary lead instructor for this course is Donna Schaffner, Associate Director of Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Training at the Rutgers FIC. Donna has team of instructors that assist in all classes. Donna served as a member of the FDA’s Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) working with a national team of food safety professionals to create this course. She has taught PCHF, HACCP, and various other food safety classes for more than 20 years, and has been through Train-the-Trainer programs by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) for teaching the PCHF course, the International HACCP Alliance (IHA), the Seafood HACCP Alliance, and the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) for teaching HACCP.
Other instructors for this course also have years of food processing industry experience to call-on for answering participant questions.
Interested in Food Safety News? Check out our Food Safety News page.