Food Safety Consulting
Don’t know where to start with your 3rd party audits or with your food safety programs? We can help! Our staff are industry veterans with decades of food manufacturing experience. We can work with you to personalize the consulting services for exactly what you need.
Our services available include:
- FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) gap audits for Preventive Controls for Human Foods (PCQI)
- Assisting with the creation of Food Safety Plans for any FDA regulated facility
- Assisting with the creation of HACCP Plans and/or facility specific employee training
- Conducting facility gap audits for GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) compliance or to assist and prep for 3rd party audits
- Assisting food manufacturers with meeting U.S. regulatory requirements with food safety training (GMPs, Adverse Health & Personal Hygiene, etc…), audit readiness, food safety plans, facility conditions, and sanitation programs
- Assisting in setting up and/ or reviewing Environmental Monitoring Programs (EMPs)
Food Safety Training
The Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University offers a diverse array of food safety training and specialized services to meet the needs of the food industry, and we are happy to discuss how these can be successfully applied to your company. Please read all descriptions, locations and dates for classes carefully as they are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend a class after registering, you may transfer to another FIC-taught class at a later date.
Specific services under Training and Specialized Services include:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Adverse Health
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) (Not for seafood or juice) Preview the Class Here
- Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCHF) Preview the Class Here
- Preventive Controls for Animal Food (PCAF)
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) Preview the Class Here
- Implementing Safe Quality Foods Systems training (SQF)
- ServSafe Manager Certification Training Class
- ServSafe Manager Certification Proctoring only
The primary Instructor for these courses is Mellonie O’Neill, Senior Manager of QA Compliance and Training at the Rutgers Food Innovation Center. Mellonie’s years working in the food processing industry provides her with real-life examples to supplement the standardized training materials presented in these classes.
In addition to her degree in Food & Nutrition Technology, Mellonie’s recent attainment of a master’s degree in Adult and Continuing Education with a concentration in Educational Technology equips her to teach classes in a virtual format to allow students to take these classes from any location with internet access.
All food safety courses taught at the FIC allow participants to earn a certificate of attendance from Rutgers University or the appropriate certificate from the International HACCP Alliance or the Association of Food & Drug Officials.
Interested in Food Safety News? Check out our Food Safety News page.