Proactive food industry employers are ensuring that each of their employees are regularly trained in food safety, and both customers (retailers and foodservice operators) and the government (at the federal, state and local government level) are requiring that this type of training occur on a regular basis.
The Food Innovation Center at Rutgers University is now offering a diverse array of food safety training and specialized services to meet the needs of the food industry, and we are happy to discuss how these can be successfully applied to your company. Please read all descriptions, locations and dates for all classes as these are non-refundable; but they are transferable to another Rutgers Food Innovation given class at a later date. Specific services under Training and Specialized Services include:
- Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Certificate Training (USDA or non-seafood FDA products)
- Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Adverse Health
- Allergens and Sanitation Preventive Control
- Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Intentional Adulteration Vulnerability Assessment & Food Defense Plan Builder (IAVA)
- Traceability & FSMA PSR Online Class
Primary lead instructor for this course is Donna Schaffner, Associate Director of Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Training at the Rutgers FIC. Donna has team of instructors that assist in all classes. Donna served as a member of the FDA’s Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) working with a national team of food safety professionals to create this course. She has taught PCHF, HACCP, and various other food safety classes for more than 20 years, and has been through Train-the-Trainer programs by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) for teaching the PCHF course, the International HACCP Alliance (IHA), the Seafood HACCP Alliance, and the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) for teaching HACCP.
Other instructors for this course also have years of food processing industry experience to call-on for answering participant questions.