Location: Virtual Based – Live Class!
Date and Time:
Are you an entrepreneur developing new and exciting products? Do you have questions about ensuring the safety of your product? If so, this is the program for you! This course is a 2 full-day program designed specifically to address product development and food safety issues faced by small processors. Throughout the course, we will introduce the food science basics, important considerations when developing a new food product, share key elements required for product labeling, and an provide an overview of key regulatory requirements for small and emerging food businesses, such as entrepreneurs and local food processors.
Cost: $595 per person
“I learned about the steps needed when developing, making or manufacturing food products. This course raised my awareness about the importance of food safety and food quality”
“I wish I had this course available to me when I began my SQF journey a year and a half ago” Check out our feature in the Lancaster Farming Magazine
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Course introduction and expectations
- Chapter 2: Food Safety Hazards: Understanding food safety hazards, and identifying potential sources.
- Chapter 3: Product Development Life Cycle: Product development considerations from concept to commercialization.
- Chapter 4: Product Labeling: Guidance for basic nutritional labeling and claims.
- Chapter 5: Controlling Food Quality and Safety: Measurable approaches to monitoring the properties of your food product.
- Chapter 6: Food Safety Management: Introduction to regulatory bodies and the FDA Preventive Controls for Human Food Rule.
- Chapter 7: Hazard Analysis: Conducting a hazard analysis for your food product.
- Chapter 8: Preventive Controls: Identification of Preventive Controls, and the requirements for implementation.
Instructors: Nolan Lewin, Mellonie O’Neill and Julie Elmer
For more information, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org