Marketing Research – Marketplace reviews, Sensory Evaluation, Surveys, Focus Groups, etc.
- Secondary research: Assess the marketing trends associated with your company product categories
- Assessment of technology trends associated with your products
- Competitive analysis within food categories and benchmarking leaders in each category and how their products/markets/technologies compare against selected key competition
- Conduct regulatory and packaging communication review: Ingredient statement, nutrition facts, regulatory statements, allergens, weight/volume, serving size, company information, claims, descriptions, preparation directions, handling directions, etc.
- Identification of market channels, import logistics, and economics in which specialty foods gets to market: role of importer, distributor, sales brokers, retailers, etc. and typical margins and expectations
- Primary market research: Qualitative research with a spectrum of customers from brokers, retailers and distributors, to end users such as consumers, chefs, and food service operators. Research may include: focus groups, sensory testing, chef round tables, consumer surveys, home use testing, etc.
- Identification of proposed product adaptations by company, based upon qualities of the product, use of new technologies, labeling, packaging, regulations, certification requirements, and/or usage trends
- Marketing and sales strategy mentoring: Identification of potential buyers and channels for products in each of these categories, based upon market research and business strategy conducted by Rutgers Food Innovation Center
HACCP Plans and Food Safety Documentation
Training needed for writing a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan or to develop a food safety plan with Risk-based Preventative Controls as required under the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act. Information for conducting a Hazard Analysis will be discussed, with “how to” recommendations for determining Critical Control Points, choosing Critical Limits, set up Monitoring programs and implement Corrective Actions when Deviations occur. Documenting for all aspects of the HACCP program, along with monitoring of pre-requisite activities, and required Records Review procedures will be covered in this course. (International HACCP Alliance approved)
Commercialization Testing – Analytical and microbiological
Preliminary analysis of commercialized products and formulas can be evaluated to assess readiness and modification requirements required for sales in the US marketplace. A sampling of our in-house testing capabilities include:
pH ,brix, water activity, viscosity, yeast count, mold count, and total plate count